Running is a great cardiovascular exercise. It helps burn fat and reduces the inches around your waist and hips. But is that it? Here are some more reasons why you should hit the running track soon.
- Healthy Heart: Running is the best way to strengthen your heart muscles. Regular running helps improve blood circulation, erases any chances of blood thickening and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure and even stroke.
- Shed that flab: Weight loss is an added benefit of regular running. Running aids fat loss and burns up to 1000 calories in an hour. You will get lighter and more nimble on your feet that will help you run faster and longer.
- Stronger bones: Regular running makes bones stronger. Any bone density problem would soon be a thing of the past if you choose to make running a habit.
- Confidence boost: Running helps the overall fitness of the mind. It wards off anxiety, lifts your mood and builds self-esteem. It relieves you from depression and the sense of achievement you get from setting goals and achieving them will be a confidence boost.
- A good night’s sleep: Popping in those pills may not be the best solution to deal with your sleep problems. Running is found to aid sleep and help you sleep longer and deeper.
- Happy hormones: The ‘runner’s high’ is not a shallow expression. Running is proven to trigger endorphins, which are called ‘happy hormones’. Run a mile and see how it improves your mood remarkably. Regular running can improve patience and keep anger in check.
- Defence against diseases: Regular running can improve the immune system, say studies. This is especially true with short-distance runners. Runners are known to have better immune systems that will help them fight fatigue, menstrual discomforts and digestive disorders.
- Glowing Skin: There are many beauty benefits to running. It will help improve complexion and texture of the skin. That’s mainly because running improves digestion and hence aids absorption of nutrients in the blood and detoxifies the body.
- Cutting cholesterol: Running helps maintain cholesterol levels. High cholesterol levels would put you at a high risk for conditions like weak heart, diabetes and thyroid problems. Therefore, maintaining healthy cholesterol levels is important for health.
- Emotionally fit: Running helps you remain tension-free. When you are running, you are concentrating on the activity and are, therefore, distracted from things that bother you.