World population day is a global stage awareness campaign being celebrated everywhere in the world to call individuals on stage to know the reason of this exploding population year by year in addition to resolve the massive mistake of entire human fraternity. This great awareness occasion is to carry a population revolution globally in addition to breaking sleep of all of the deeply slept people to pay their full attention and assist in combating this population problem.
History associated with World population day
World Population Day is an excellent function getting celebrated around the globe yearly on 11th of July. It truly is celebrated to raise the knowledge of the persons toward the globally population problems. It was begun during the year 1989 by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). This was exalted by the attention of the community when the worldwide population grew to be close to around 5 billion at 11th of July in the year 1987.
It had been the big difficulties for the growth when the population across the world has hit to 7 billion in the year 2011. As per the decisions of the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in the year 1989, it was suggested that 11th of July each year should be observed by the community worldwide and recognised as the World Population Day in order to increase the awareness among normal public and discover the true solutions for combat with the population problems. It had been begun to concentrate the necessary attention of people in direction of the importance of population issues.
How world population day is celebrated?
World population day is celebrated on international level by organising variety of activities and events to draw attention of mass people to work together on the issues of growing population. Some of the activities include seminar discussions, educational competitions, educational information sessions, essay writing competition, public contests on various topics, poster distribution, songs, sports activity, speeches, poems, artwork, slogans, themes and messages distribution, workshops, lectures, debates, round table discussions, news distribution through press conferences, TV channels and news channels, relay of population related programmes on radio and television and so many. Various health organisations and population divisions works together to solve population issues by organising conferences, research works, meetings, project analysis and etc.
Below are some of points for celebrating the world population day
- It is celebrated to protect and empower youths of both gender like girls and boys.
- To offer them detail knowledge about the sexuality and delay marriages till they become able to understand their responsibilities.
- Educate youths to avoid unwanted pregnancies by using reasonable and youth friendly measures.
- Educate people to remove the gender stereotypes from society.
- Educate them about the pregnancy related illnesses to raise the public awareness about dangers of early childbirth.
- Educate them about STD (sexually transmitted diseases) to get prevented from various infections.
- Demand for some effective laws and policies implementation in order to protect girl child rights.
- Make sure about the access of equal primary education to both girls and boys.
- Make sure the easy access of reproductive health services everywhere as part the basic primary health for each couple.