The ever-dynamic lifestyle of women has off late, resulting in them encountering a number of health issues. One major health issue that’s concerning women over 30 is infertility. There are many reasons accountable for causing infertility, number one being the age factor. Enlisted below are some causes, reasons and treatment options available for infertility.
- THE AGE FACTOR: A female body contains million of eggs and even though the ovulation cycle continues until menopause, her fertility declines as she ages. The increasing age leads to less production of eggs and that too with a higher chance of certain defects. This may result in her being infertile. Therefore, age is one of the nemeses for women above 30 years.
- UNSTABLE HORMONES: A woman goes through immense changes in her hormones throughout life which can sometimes result in imbalance. This imbalance is linked with infertility and it’s better discussed with an infertility specialist.
- WAY OF LIVING: A delicate lifestyle filled with junk food, excessive consumption of alcohol, smoking, deprivation of sleep and rest contributes heavily in causing infertility in women over 30. Infertility specialists say that this kind of lifestyle creates hormonal imbalance leading to infertility.
- PROBLEM WITH REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM: Women can suffer from multiple reproductive disorders like endometriosis, PCOS, irregular menses, hot flashes, ovarian cysts and more. These health issues are known to be contributing factors in infertility.
- OTHER DISORDERS: Diseases such as sexually transmitted diseases, high blood pressure, hypothyroid are responsible for infertility in women. Decrease in the fluids of vaginal secretions, delayed pregnancies, obesity are some of the other causes of infertility.
- PAINFUL INTERCOURSE & DISCOMFORTING PERIODS: Periods are hell painful, yes, but if they are accompanied by unbearable cramps and abdominal pain, it’s wise to consult a physician. Besides, if a women experiences pain during intercourse, this can also be a sign of infertility.
- REPEATED MISCARRIAGES: That’s not exactly the reason but infertility specialists had previously cited this as a sign. Frequent miscarriages which take place within 20 weeks of pregnancy can be a symptom of infertility.
- PROBLEMATIC PERIODS: Some women may encounter excessive bleeding during their menses. This may be a sign of infertility but not obligatory for all women who experience the same. Less bleeding during periods is also a matter of concern.
The numbers are staggering, not in India but across the globe. Every year, cases of women suffering infertility are not declining. But the good news is that the medical industry has evolved tremendously in the last few years. Here are some of the treatments prescribed by renowned infertility specialists.
- MEDICATION: Medicines are quite effective when it comes to treating infertility at the initial stage i.e. infertility caused due to POS, fibroids or ovulation problem. These medicines emulate menstruation and ovulation.
- SURGERY: Reproductive surgery is perfect solution for women experiencing infertility due to endometriosis or fallopian tubes blockage.
- DIFFERENT PROCEDURES: For infertile women over 30, there are medical procedures available in the form of (IVF) In Vitro Fertilisation, Surrogacy, IUI, ICSI, Embryo transfer etc.