The ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH) has announced that starting from 2016, every year National Ayurveda Day will be observed on Dhanteras. This day, the day is being celebrated on 28th October. The theme for this year is ‘Ayurveda for Prevention and Control of Diabetes’. This theme is chosen because a large number of people are increasingly becoming victims of diabetes which poses countless challenges. People must educate themselves on how to control diabetes and Ayurveda can surely help. Let’s have a look at some Ayurveda remedies for diabetes:
- One of the most important and popular remedies for diabetes is ‘Karela’. Minimum one tablespoon of Karela juice in the morning can take care of rising blood sugar levels successfully.
- Vitamin C also plays an important role in reducing high sugar levels. Amla is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C and consuming one tablespoon of Amla juice along with Karela juice can do wonders for diabetics. Remember to use Amla juice for minimum of 2 months.
- Rose apple juice is also been reported to reduce high sugar levels when taken at least twice a day.
- Turmeric, when taken in a capsule form is known to reducing blood sugar levels. It is quite useful for diabetes patients when taken for at least a month. You can check your blood sugar levels after one month of consuming turmeric capsule.
- A mixture of ground bay leaf with aloe vera and turmeric has also proved valuable for diabetics.
- According to leading Ayurvedic Doctors, if you mix amalaki churna along with turmeric powder and consume it in the morning, it helps in lowering sugar levels significantly.
- Consumption of 2 table spoons of vasanta kusumkar ras mixed with pure honey can control your blood sugar levels extremely fast.
You must be careful while choosing your diabetes medicine. If not taken in the right proportions, you can experience certain side effects. A consultation with an Ayurvedic Doctor is always a wise thing to do.