The Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) keeps a track of the number of internet users in India. According to its latest report, the number of people using internet in India has crossed 100 million for the first time. As a result, we can presume the impact of internet on multiple attributes of an individual’s life. Now, we get everything online, from educational books to groceries and clothes. One upcoming trend, which is fast gaining momentum, is booking online appointments with doctors. It has multiple advantages as compared to accustomed calling the doctor’s clinic.
- The best aspect of booking online appointment is that you are not bounded by the doctor’s clinic timings. You can fix an appointment in advance or after doctor is done for the day.
- Patients can connect with doctors from different locations. You can choose according to your preference by checking addresses, consultation fees, academic qualifications, time-slots in a matter of few clicks.
- Now you won’t have to hold for long or call repeatedly just to avail info on doctor’s available timings. There’s no such waiting associated with the online appointment booking system. Once you have entered the required details, your appointment is instantly booked.
- One of the features of online appointment booking service is the generation of automatic reminders. This is a great way for both patients and doctors to recall the schedule. For doctors it helps minimize scheduling conflicts and for patients it reminds them to their appointment with the doctor.
- Well, the individual booking appointments over the other side of the phone may be in a rush and behave rudely. Scheduling appointments online saves you from such distracted individuals who may fail to provide the right information regarding doctor’s availability.
- Online booking service is way better than traditional directory listings as you have the privilege of a respective technology. It gives you instant confirmation of your booked appointment and augments durability and faith in a doctor’s profile.
- For patients experiencing hearing issues, online appointment booking is a blessing in disguise. Now, they won’t have to struggle to book an appointment with their chosen medical practitioner.
Such services are fast catching up with patients who are regular internet surfers. So much for the fact that the competition in this sector is slated to rise in the upcoming years.