Before starting work, relax with your eyes shut and take deep breaths-inhalation five counts and exhalation ten. Repeat 10 times and once the body gets used to it, increase it by five rounds daily. Known as Sahaj Pranayam, it relaxes the nervous system, keeps stress away and increases concentration.
Those who sit in front of the computer for long hours experience strain in the eyes, shoulders and neck. To take care of stiffness, rotate your neck five times clockwise and then five times anti-clockwise. The exercise is known as Brahammudra. After this, keep your eyes shut and place a wet napkin over them. Also, rotate your shoulders clockwise and anti-clockwise. If done regularly, it helps the body and mind to stay calm and relaxed.
During lunch break, stand up and twist your back to the left and then to the right. Then, slowly raise your arms, interlock the fingers and lift your heels off the floor, breathing normally all the while. Slowly come back to the starting position. It will increase blood circulation and release stress.
Two hours after lunch, stretch your legs, back and arms. Do shoulder and neck rotations.
Rules of performing Yoga everyday
- Keep your stomach empty four hours prior to doing yoga.
- It should be done in a clean and healthy environment.
- Drink at least 4-5 litres of water daily so that the digestive system functions properly.
- You can practice yoga an hour before dinner or four hours after lunch.
- Wear lose clothes while performing yoga.
Consult a yoga expert if you have health issues before planning a workout.