Night is the time when you shut your eyes and enter a world of dreams which is considered to be a critical part of leading a healthy life. This is because after a day’s hard work, the muscles need rest. But the question is how much of rest is required?
To sleep means leaving your worries and tension and opinions differentiate on the exact amount of sleep required. An important thing to note is that you need to decide your sleep and waking time. Therefore, it is you who can judge the right time for your muscles to charge up. But psychologists say, a fully-grown human being requires 7-9 hours of sleep. If you are on the bed for more than that time, there is something wrong with your sleep mechanism.
What happens when adequate sleep is not taken?
It is not a rocket science to understand that your health will take a dent if you don’t sleep well. In fact, you will feel the effect after a bad sleep. A medical study found that individuals who are regularly denied proper sleep, meaning five hours or less every night, is vulnerable to cardiovascular issues and high blood pressure.
Further, lack of adequate sleep could trigger symptoms of obesity, diabetes, etc. Your behavior may become erratic or you could possibly indulge in alcoholism. Your concentration will lapse and may experience mood swings. Other problems like killing sex drive, early ageing, forgetfulness, unwanted weight gain may be knocking at your door.
What happens when it is?
- Some years of life are added, i.e. you may live longer, as per a study.
- Your mind will work full throttle, generating new ideas as your components gets strengthened.
- If you are a school going child, you could immensely improve in studies, perform well. Late night studies have proven to be harmful to health.
- No matter how hard you try to rid your excessive fat, you won’t succeed until you get the right amount of sleep.
- Stress is a major health issue these days and sleeping well helps in reducing that.
Your body gives you the strength to perform stringent of tasks during the day. The onus is upon you to replicate the favor. You need to give it back proper time to relax and prepare for the next day.