Eating a balanced diet can bear positive results for mind as well as body. What you eat corresponds with your physical and mental state. Like other parts of the body, brain also needs right nutrients. Want to know how can you make your brain work 100%? Read on to discover foods which keep your brain happy.
- Wholegrain: In order to function properly, brain requires energy like every part of the body does. The brain is able to focus appropriately only when it receives right amount of energy in the form of glucose present in the blood. The onus is upon you to supply ample amount of energy to the body. This can be done by consuming wholegrain products such as brown cereals, brown pasta, wheat bran, granary bread etc. which keep your brain active throughout the day.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are known to containing a particular, very strong type of antioxidant called lycopene. There’s plenty of clinical proof that lycopene could safeguard your brain against free radical damage. This damage happens in the growth of dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Attenuate Vitamins: Vitamin B6, B12 and folic acids are known to minimizing the levels of homocysteine in the blood. Increased levels of homocysteine may lead to stroke, cognitive impairment or Alzheimer’s disease. A study found that inducing high doses of B6, B12 and folic acid significantly reduces shrinking of brain in elderly patients suffering from mild cognitive impairment.
- Nuts: A study which was published suggests nuts and foods like seeds, olives, brown rice, whole grain and asparagus have the ability to maintain and prevent cognitive decline, especially in older people.
- Oily Fish: Essential fatty acids like omega-3 fats are found naturally in oily fish. If you are vegetarian, pumpkin seeds, walnut oil, soya bean oil will be your preferred source of omega-3 fats. Salmon, sardines, trout etc. are premier sources of omega-3.