It helps you feel more energetic, shed a few pounds, look younger and boost your immune system – a daily diet that includes a vegetable or fruit juice can achieve all this and more. While the importance of consuming vegetables and fruits daily was never doubted, there is now research documenting the enormous health benefits of consuming them stating that orange, red and green vegetables contain high levels of carotene and antioxidants that increase immunity, prevent diseases and have anti-cancer properties.
Unfortunately, people do not eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables that will help them stay healthy. For those who are not so fond of vegetables or fruits, there is always the option of juicing it and consuming it in a gulp. Or try mixing a few veggies to make the concoction tastier. Juicing a vegetable will make it more nutrient dense and easier to digest. It is almost like receiving an intravenous dose of vitamins, minerals and enzymes that go right into your system and are utilized instantly. But remember, juices are supplement to your diet, not a replacement for whole fruits and vegetables as you need the insoluble fibre present in them as well.
Health Benefits of Juices
- Pomegranate Juice: Powerful antioxidant, excellent for prostate health, helps stop loose motions.
- Apple Juice: Excellent for gall stones and helps stop loose motions.
- Coconut Water: Natural diuretic (a substance which tends to increase the flow of urine), helps natural electrolysis as it is packed with vitamins and minerals, good for lowering blood pressure, great to alleviate urinary tract infection and kidney stone. When combined with a green juice, it instantly gives cells a blood transfusion. Young coconuts can be used as a blood plasma substitute.
- Lemon Juice: Anti-acidic, lowers blood pressure, good source of vitamin C, powerful antioxidant.
- Carrot Juice: Powerful antioxidant, high in beta-carotene, good for eyes, skin and hair. Combined with ginger and turmeric, it is beneficial for bronchitis, asthma, lung and chest infections.