When it comes to getting an erection, most men do just fine but there are some times when things just don’t fall into place no matter how hard you try. The erection is not as hard or last as long as you want. Getting an erection is a complicated procedure which involves your brain, heart and various other factors like anxiety and arousal. Here are some invaluable tips that will help you when it matters the most.
- Never ever lit a cigarette: People, especially youngsters think that smoking is a cool thing to do but little that they know it affects the sexual life in the worst possible manner. It hardens the arteries and chokes blood supply to the penis. Sexologists say there is a need for people to understand that erection in men has a lot to do with a healthy heart. Passive smokers are most likely to encounter erectile dysfunction as compared to non-smokers.
- Ditch your drinking habit: All that fun you had while drinking in parties comes at a cost. Medium to heavy drinking is stated to be primary cause for erectile dysfunction. It’s very difficult to obtain an erection when you’re drunk than when you’re normal. Additionally, alcoholism poses serious threat to liver and kidneys which will hamper your sex life.
- Take an appropriate diet: Taking the balanced diet in right amount is the mantra for a healthy sexual life. Antioxidant packed fruits and vegetables can enhance the quality of erections by augmenting blood flow to the penis. Moreover, when it comes to avoiding what to eat, foods that are bad for your heart are also bad for erections. If eating junk food is interfering with your sexual life then stay away. Junk food may leave you feeling bloated and uneasy.
- Kegels exercise: Kegels exercises are meant to strengthening muscles of pelvic region and can help you control your bladder and enhance sex life.
- Don’t think unnecessarily about your performance: A lot of people fail to get an erection because they think too deep of how well they will perform. The stress factor leads to erectile dysfunction and the only way out of it is to stop thinking about it.