It takes a lot of courage to give up the habit of smoking, especially for those who are smoking for a long time and have become addicted to it. Despite the fact, that’s how smoking cigarette impacts your overall health condition. Cigarette smoking not only affects the addicted person, but also takes a toll on person near you. For example, smoking cigarette in your living room can have the same affect on your wife or kids as it will have on you.
Cigarette is a small weapon loaded with hazardous chemicals such as nicotine, tar, sulfuric acid, ammonia, carbon mono oxide, etc. All the above mentioned chemicals are main contents used in bug sprays, car batteries, pesticides, plastic and rat poison.
Usually, people start smoking because of peer pressure, to become socially active, as a status symbol, to handle stress. They get addicted to it which may lead to health implications later on causing further problems related to your respiratory system, immune system, blood pressure and various types of cancers.
Here are some home remedies that can help you to quit smoking, so you can lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Drinking plenty of lukewarm water empty stomach every morning is fundamental to combat with the habit of smoking.
- You can mix honey and lemon in the warm water, honey and lemon contains vital vitamins and enzymes which flush the toxins produce by nicotine.
- Water also keeps you hydrated and even treats damage cause by the past smoking habit.
- Grape juice
- Grape juice can be a boon for those who want to quit smoking.
- Grapes are full of antioxidant properties, and play a crucial role in cleansing harmful toxins from our body.
- The acidic content present in the grapes also acts as a natural detoxifier and reduces your urge to smoke.
- Taking Ginseng is one of the most effective to suppress cravings for smoking.
- Ginseng can be added as a powder in juice, cereals, milk or soup, it gives better results when taken at the start of the day.
- Ginseng may also help in stressful moods, and an early anxiety caused when you quit smoking.
- Nausea is one of the most usual symptoms people go through when they quit smoking and use of ginger can be very useful in the treatment of nausea.
- Ginger gives relief to your stomach from inflammation and reduces your urge to vomit.
- One take raw ginger, or in the form of juice mixed in water, drinking ginger tea daily can also be effective.
- Multi Vitamins
- Smoking can lead to shortage of vitamins and produces toxins that may damage your kidney and liver and create a setback in the production of red and white blood cells, (RBC’s & WBC’s).
- Intake of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E can be helpful in repairing damaged mucus and cells.
Foods such as carrot, orange juice, spinach, apricot, sweet potato, mango, tomatoes are useful in expelling toxins and chemicals out of your internal system.