Blackhead is a skin condition when small black or yellow bumps appear on your skin due to the accumulation of damaged cells and dirt, blocking the hair follies. Blackheads can appear anywhere on the body. Although blackheads are not very painful, they don’t look good on your face. However, if blackheads are not treated they can expand and cause acne.
Reasons behind blackheads
- When our skin is exposed to pollution
- Hormonal changes
- Improper skin care
- Excessive use of cosmetic products
- Oily skin
- Too much intake of caffeine
- Alcohol and smoking
Home remedies to get rid of blackheads
- Egg Facial
Egg whites are very beneficial for the skin as it contains a lot of nutrients. Applying an egg mask tightens the pores on your face and not letting dirt accumulate in it. The Egg also has the capacity to make your skin glow which provides nourishment to your skin.
- Break an egg to separate the yolk from it. Carefully take out the egg white by moving yolk into the broken egg. Now dip a tissue in egg white and soak that tissue all over your face. Leave for 15 minutes then rinse completely.
- Lemon Juice
Lemon is full of Vitamin C and citric acid and is extensively used to treat acne and in removing blackheads. Lemon is also used as a moisturizing mask and provides freshness to your face and moreover, it is suitable for every skin type.
- You can directly squeeze a lemon onto your face, focusing more on blackhead prone area. You can also mix lemon juice with your daily face wash for cleansing, dirt and excessive oil, off your face.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is an effective remedy for the removal of blackheads, thanks to its saltiness. Baking soda enters the tiny pores on your skin and removes any type of clogging. It reduces the acne and impurities from your skin.
- Mix small amount of baking soda with water to make a paste. Apply it all over your face and leave for 5 minutes, then rinse off with cold water. Remember, applying baking soda more often can make your face dry.
Honey is a natural cleanser for your face. The balancing properties of honey are helpful for oily skin and removing blackheads. Honey prevents dehydration and maintains water level of your skin and is widely used as an element in many face cleansers.
- Take one teaspoonful of honey and mix it with two spoonful of lukewarm water, apply it on your face using cotton. Leave it on for about 10 minutes; you can also add a few drops of lemon juice in it.
Using steam can help open your pores and evaporates the dirt stuck in your pores. Steam also helps in softening of your skin and loosens your blackheads.
Fill a bowl with boiling water, cover your head with a towel and bend down little to allow the steam loose dirt from the pores. After, 15 minutes, gently rub your face with towel to remove all the soften blackheads.