Dandruff known as seborrhea in medical terms is a most common scalp condition which targets the people of every age. Dandruff can even lead to other skin problems like acne and pimples. The itchiness and irritation in scalp are the common symptoms of excessive dandruff.
There are number of factors responsible for dandruff. These factors may include dry scalp, overuse of shampoo, oily scalp, unhealthy lifestyle and stress. Moreover, if hair is gone beauty is gone.
Here are 5 best natural remedies for the treatment of dandruff.
- Coconut oil
- The antifungal and antioxidant properties of coconut oil help to get rid of months old dandruff.
- Coconut oil aids in faster, thicker, longer hair. The moisturizing ability of coconut oil provides relief from itching.
- Mix two tablespoons of coconut with one tablespoon of lemon juice; gently massage your oil with this mixture of lemon juice and coconut oil. Rinse it of using any shampoo after 15 minutes.
- Yogurt is an effective home remedy for the treatment of dull and dry hair. Applying yogurt on scalp also make your hair look shiny and lustrous.
- Yogurt makes your hair silky, healthy and smooth. Healthy bacteria present in the yogurt eats all the fungal dandruff.
- Apply yogurt on your scalp, leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse off with a shampoo.
- Baking soda
- The alkaline properties of baking soda helps in balancing the pH levels of skin, cleans the scalp and make it healthy.
- Baking soda act as a scalp mask, peels of the excessive oil and removes the dead skin cells. It restricts the growth of fungi that cause dandruff.
- Mix spoonful of baking soda into a cup of water, stir it to make a paste. Apply it all over your scalp, leave for a few minutes then rinse off.
- Neem or Indian Lilac
- The antifungal and antibacterial properties of neem treat the dandruff from its core. Neem is the most prominent remedy for all the skin treated troubles and is used extensively throughout the India.
- Dry handful of neem leaves in the sun. Grind the dried leaves to make a paste. You can also add few drops of coconut oil in this paste. Apply this paste on your scalp leave for few minutes then rinse off.
- You can also take neem tablets, or drink neem juice that will help you to get rid of internal bacterial infection.
- Fuller’s earth (Multani Mitti)
- Fuller’s earth or Multani mitti is very potent in the treatment of dandruff and is used extensively in North India.
- Multani mitti has the propensity to ingest any form of oil and has beneficial absorbent properties. This remedy is also used in the treatment of scars, pigmentation, pimples, skin discoloration, suntan, wrinkles, makes your skin glow, and enhances your complexion.
- Make a thick paste of multani mitti. You can also add few drops of lemon juice and and water in it. Apply this thick paste on your scalp and leave it on for 20 minutes. See results after first wash. Repeat this process at least two times a week.